Corner Screw on iPhone 4 Stripped

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FlogSports, Jul 11, 2014.

1. FlogSports macrumors newbie

Hi, I was replacing the screen on an iPhone 4, and I stripped one of the corner screws. I have been researching for hours and nothing has worked. I tried the tape, the rubber-band, the glue, the nail clippers, just about everything and nothing seems to work. If anyone has another suggestion, or knows of a place I can take it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Aaron

2. oomgomfg macrumors newbie

When that happens the only thing you can do about it is to break the frame of the outer screen.

Use heat to loosen the adhesive around the edges and pull the actual screen away from its frame, then rip away at the corner. If you can separate the corner part from the rest of the frame, you have 2 options: to chip away the corner of the frame on your new screen and just fit it in, or to continue working at the corner to get the piece stuck with the screw out.

If you choose the first option, apply additional adhesive on the flat surface near that corner, the side screws should hold the frame in just fine.
    If you choose the last option, once you get the piece out the screw should be removable even if it is stripped.