Corny Verizon Phone Commercials

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilnyc, Oct 14, 2007.

1. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

I may sound like a snooty iPhone owner, but I can't help but laugh when I see those Verizon commercials for their new phones. They try to make them so cool, but their 'cool factor' looks straight corny next to the iPhone.

Have you seen the ones for Chocolate, the new Q and now the Juke? Their hailed as mp3 player phones. Maybe if they weren't trying so hard to MAKE them cool with flashy red lights, break dancers and spinning animations, the commercials would be okay. Y'know, like a singer who isn't bad if she sings within her range.

2. MAW macrumors regular

You DO sound like a snooty iphone owner....and I totally agree with you!!

3. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well now come on. I'm sure that Verizon has lost a great deal of customers on account of the new iPhone. Some are pleased with their switch and some aren't. However, it is clear that the adverts from Verizon aren't masterminded by the same people that mastermind Apple. They may be trying too hard, but at least they're trying.

Besides, Verizon did bring us the "can you hear me now" guy so we should at least thank them for that. :rolleyes:

5. ijohn3 macrumors member

I switched from Verizon and I can't express how happy I am I made the switch from Verizon! My service has been wonderful with my iphone!

6. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Lets be honest here, most cell phone ads (any network, including AT&T) are pretty damn bad.

They're mostly about the flashy design of the phone and maybe about a couple of the features.

I think that's what made the iPhone campaign work so well. It simply showed the features and how it works.

I can't think of another phone ad where they actually showed the OS working. Most of the time its just a shot of the mp3 player.

7. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

Thank them? It might have fun for a few weeks, but it got old really fast!

8. btallada9870 macrumors member

at&t's commercials are not flashy. they just say "more bars in more places" with some kind of something resembling full service bars.

9. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Do you not remember the Blackjack and Flip commercials? Ugh.

10. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

The T-mobile one with the family of four sitting at the table was funny though, where the dad asks if the kids chose their fav 5 yet and the daughter goes "yeah i chose crystal, sarah, jacky, jenny, and britney" and the brother goes " thats funny cuz i chose crystal, sarah, jacky, jenny, and britney.....your friends are hot" and the daughter goes "are you going to do anything?!" and the dad goes "maybe you should have uglier friends"....lol

11. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Ok, I'll give you credit there. That and the T-mobile one where the dad can't count to 5.

I guess I was mainly focusing on the ads that sold phones, rather than the networks and/or pricing plans.

12. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

The "Can you hear me now?" commercials are probably the most memorable (and repeated) since "Where's the beef?" It seems that the best tag lines are questions.

13. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Oh my bad, thats just the only funny cell phone commercial i can remember

14. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I really like the one where the guy realizes that his buddy has his girlfriens # in his five and is like " dude you are over reacting" and then the phone rings to "secret lover". :D:D:DFunny:D:D:D

15. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Apple just has really good marketing people, the iPod was such a hit with there commericals I wouldn't have expected anything less for the iPhone.

16. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

at times i'm embarrassed as a verizon stock holder :cool:

17. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Oh i remember that one lol yeah that was funny

18. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

haha i remember it to it was really good haha.

19. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Yes, that whole series of T-Mobile "5" commercials are great. I also love the one with the insane dad, where his teenage daughter is being picked up by some boy for a date. The crazy smile while saying something to the affect of, "I'm right here next to you. It's almost like I'm watching you."

I actually do like the new Juke commercial. It's not bad at all. The new iPhone commercials on the other hand...wow, those are horrible! The people look so awkward and you sort of feel sorry for them and hope the commercial ends quickly.