Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexandre16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
hello to all

I'm 19 and I know some programming languages​​, I know web development (php, mysql, css, html, ajax, javascript) I also know a bit of Pascal and Visual Basic.
Now I want to start building games and applications for IOS, I read a lot and studied a little Lua and objective-c and cocos2d and several languages​​, I just want to help me to choose the right way
my big question is, going by corona or cocos2d?
cocos2d I read that is much more complete and better for building 2d games and I also read that corona is much easier and I've studied a little of both (corona and cocos2) and corona is actually a lot easier, because LUA is more easier than objective-c and to make games cocos2d have to learn python and opengl and c + +.
While the corona I do games much faster and without having to study many different languages.
But another big question I have is the games made in Corona, will be as good in terms of being fluid and work perfectly in the IOS.
Although cocos2d have many tutorials and books to help, advise me what to do? Where to start?
It is very important to me
Thanks for support me

jpine

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
For me, Corona has been a lifesaver. I'm a 51 year old psychologist. If I can learn Corona, anyone can. I'm actually using it to build educational apps for grad students and not games. My advice is to download it and play with it (free). It would also be helpful to at least do some lurking on the Corona forum and download some of the code to see how things work.

Jerry

alexandre16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
For me, Corona has been a lifesaver. I'm a 51 year old psychologist. If I can learn Corona, anyone can. I'm actually using it to build educational apps for grad students and not games. My advice is to download it and play with it (free). It would also be helpful to at least do some lurking on the Corona forum and download some of the code to see how things work.

Jerry

Thank you for your comment jerry, i will start with corona, i have a big question and it is very worring to me, the apps that you make, when you use on IOS device, it run very well? is fluid?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.