Corporate Alert System - Need Workaround

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by vivalafleur, Jul 20, 2012.

1. vivalafleur macrumors newbie

Greetings all. First post here.

I work for a large US company which is replacing their Blackberry's with iOS devices.

The company currently uses an alert system for high priority tickets which send alerts to the BBs by email, and specific headings trigger an alert or alarm (ie. Alert 1, Alert 2)

Currently there is no means for us to push our alerts out to the iPhones.
    Our current workaround is by sending alerts via sms. However these are not received if the phone is on silent/vibrate.

We are using Mobile Iron to manage our devices (which personally I think sucks) and they have no such workaround.

Q: Can we develop an in house app that will use a similar alert system to the 'find my iPhone'?

There is an app called eNotify which performs a similar function by scanning email for specific headers and keywords.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Vizin, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  3. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

I've definitely used apps that didn't respect the mute button (my wife will happily tell you about the time I disrupted wedding nuptials because my light saber app didn't respect the mute button. Halfway through their vows and the light saber turning on sound reverberated throughout the wedding hall).

4. chown33 macrumors 604

I'm hearing "from this day forward, till death do us part" in Darth Vader's voice, with the breathing-apparatus background sound.

5. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Haha, LOL.

It was actually more like, "Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded ZZHEEEWHOOOMM *lightsaber unsheathing sound*."

6. Vizin, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013