Corporate discount on new order...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dapetrun, Oct 9, 2011.

1. dapetrun macrumors regular

dapetrun

AT&T offers my wife's employer (USAirways) a corporate discount of 22% but I am unable to verify if this discount is off the entire monthly bill (ie; including data plan, text plan, etc..) or just off of the particular plan, like the 700 minute Family Plan of $69.

Also, I know VerizonWireless has a similar offer but I'm not sure of the % of the discount. Can anyone in the know verify either please. Thanks in advance.

2. Jest3r macrumors regular

You won't be able to receive a discount on the iPhone 4S until it becomes available in the AT&T Premiere store, which won't happen for a few months.

The discount is valid for any plan but only on the plan itself. (IE - Not valid for messaging or Internet.)

3. dapetrun thread starter macrumors regular

dapetrun

Actually, I found the 4S discount on the Premiere web-site this afternoon. But it wouldn't let me port our current numbers.

I will agree that the discounts only showed for the plan and not the data, text, ect... even though the AT&T Customer Service Agent said otherwise. I think they will tell you anything to make the sale.

(att.com/wireless/usairways)

4. Jest3r macrumors regular

That's interesting! Last year during the iPhone 4 launch, I was working at AT&T and we received a memo that it would not be available for employee purchase until all customers had been granted a chance to purchase the device. In reality, that just meant that we couldn't order from Premiere, as we all just went to the Apple store the day of launch. :)

5. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

6. dapetrun thread starter macrumors regular

dapetrun

That sucks! It sounds like AT&T was more concerned about getting new customer contracts signed before taking care of their own employees.

7. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The customer ALWAYS comes before employees. Hello? Who pays the salaries of employees? Oh yeah. Those pesky customers...

8. dapetrun thread starter macrumors regular

dapetrun

Well, there you go. More conflicting data. Are you a USAirways employee? There may be a difference in corporate contracts between companies. USAirways may have contracted 22% off plan amounts only and not the full package that would include data, text, etc...

That's just a guess but I think I won't know for sure until the first bill arrives. I can see the discount applied on the ATT Premiere web site but it doesn't give any discount listed off of the text, and data plans, so, who knows. I doubt the Customer Service rep knew for sure. Only another USAirways employee would know for certain.

Thanks for your input.

----------

Another Republican speaks...