Corporate discounts for 3g iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sh0ckerturb0, Jun 10, 2008.

1. sh0ckerturb0 macrumors member

sh0ckerturb0

i had a 20% discount through UPS from my monthly at&t bill until i bought my iphone and later discovered (upon activation) that i would no longer be getting that discount. i was pretty pissed at the time because nobody at at&t told me that. i noticed that there will no longer be revenue sharing on iphone sales and i read that was the reason iphone users weren't getting their corporate discounts. so my question is, will corporate discounts be reinstated/allowed when the 3g iphone comes out?

2. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

All indications are that the iPhone will now be treated "almost" the same as the other AT&T PDA phones, i.e. eligible for FAN discount.

I say "almost" because I have seen conflicting info on whether a data plan is required on the iPhone; a data plan is optional on other PDA phones. However the initial cost of the phone may be higher without a data plan.

See for details: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=497470

3. Corbet macrumors member

Someone needs to get in contact with someone at AT&T who can answer this question.

Through my employer I get a 24% discount. that's over $20 a month! I can surely afford a $70 a month bill (unlimited text/data + 450 minutes)

I don't think I can afford $90 a month.