Corporate E-Mail on $30 Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by guru_ck, Jun 12, 2008.

1. guru_ck macrumors 6502

Source: http://gizmodo.com/5014909/att-memo-to-retail-managers-shows-iphone-3g-policy

So if I have a consumer account but want to sync with my corporate e-mail, calender, contacts, etc I will be forced to pay $45 a month vs $30 a month?

That sucks

2. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I was under the influence that the corporate plan was only for Corporations paying the phone bill ...

I guess we will find out. I was planning on having work activate ActiveSync ....

Maybe not now.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I see no way for them to actually prevent you from doing this...

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

5. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

The 20 buck plan was for the edge phones....
    Your forgetting what the old plans used to run....DATA plans used to be up to 50 per month depending on the usage...They have actually dropped over the years. 30 for 3G is the standard plan with AT&T never being cheaper. You were getting a great deal with the Iphone prior to being 3G due to Data plan/deal with Apple on the Data plans.
    AT&T is not charging Iphone users anymore than anyone else. Many have the thinking that since owning an Iphone is going to get you a better deal and that is not so when using 3G.

If you are able to use 2g or whatever then it might still only be 20 but they are not going to have those any longer.

As for the Corprate plan that is if your going through your corperation. If you want use exchange push on current model it should be no problem costing 0

6. guru_ck thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe they could close the ports?

They currently have different BlackBerry plans and are able to prevent people from using corp e-mail on the least expensive plan so what would prevent them from blocking it on the $30/month iPhone data plan?

7. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I see all of this somewhat equivalent to speed limit signs on the highway... nothing is stopping you from speeding, just make sure you don't get caught.

8. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I was simply asking if I want to have my company email sent to my phone, will it cost me $25/month extra...

(you're, not your):rolleyes: