Corporate/Employee discount @ brick and mortar apple store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by turtlebud, Sep 9, 2008.

1. turtlebud macrumors 6502a

I think I've heard that you can get a corporate discount in store at apple, but I can't find any threads on it now. If I walk into a store with a business card and my company id (though there's nothing on my badge that says the company name), can they look up my corporate discount in store and give me that price on the mac I want to buy in store?

2. kalex macrumors 65816

Yes they can. I bought airport express from NYC store. Showed them my corporate id and they applied the discount without any questions.

3. drb6 macrumors regular

Ha, i was just doing a search on this myself. I had the same question and the same issue....don't have a badge with my employer's name. Its a basic white faced security card. My name isn't on there and neither is my employer's.

But I do have the flyer (pdf) for EPP that my employer has on our internal site. No company name on here either. Anyone know if they can look it up in store like phone companies do?

I'm trying to buy in store in NH so I can save some money on tax as well.

4. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

Yeah they are real cool usually, I showed them a piece of homework one time for a student discount.

5. xgfx macrumors member

Does anyone have any experience of this in the UK/EU? Or just USA? I'd like to be able to go into the store to purchase a Macbook Pro when the updates come, and be able to take my ID card.