Corporate GOOD email application

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dylanursula, Feb 15, 2011.

1. dylanursula macrumors 6502

All

I have a jailbroken 4.2.1 iPhone4 and my workplace are starting to move from Blackberry to IPhone for email. They will be using the Corporate GOOD email application, anyone have any experiences and if it works with a JB iPhone?
    Currently I have both a BB and iPhone but would love to ditch the BB and carrying around 2 phones.

Thanks
    Dylan

2. MikePA, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011

MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I use the Good software on my jb iPhone4 running 4.1 and on my jb iPad running 4.2.1. Works fine. However, the Good server software can detect jb devices and an option can be set to disallow.

EDIT: I've also run into situations when moving to new firmware versions and having to re-jb where a restore was needed. The Good software was restored to the device correctly, however the Good software recognizes this and forces you to go through the registration process again, where you enter your work email address and a 12 character PIN. Since we do not allow reusing the PIN, I have to have my userid deleted from the Good server and re-added, sometimes just getting a new PIN works as well.

3. skillz1318 macrumors regular

+1 Good works fine with my JB iPhone 4 4.2.1

But as stated above...when I restore firmware I need to get a new pin to configure the good client (Good server admin can provide this)

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

5. dylanursula, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011

dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

6. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

All,

For folks using the GOOD Email app are you still JB? How does the JB detect work for this app and is it restricted to specific iOSs? Can I restore to Apple Standard deploy this app and then JB again without detection? Hate the thought of losing my JB for this!!!

Thanks so much

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

A friend of mine also works for a company that has been BB only until just recently and is one of the first in the company to get corporate email on their iPhone using GOOD. I've seen the application in use and it looks great, but I can only assume that it works on a jb phone as that phone isn't jb'n. Let us know and I'm sure my friend would be interested to find out!

8. skillz1318 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can use this app whether you are JB or not. I am and it works fine. Whenever you restore though you will need a new pin to configure this app. Updates you do not.

9. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

The jailbreak detection is a corporate policy set up by who you work for. It can either be on or off. If it's on, you are pretty much hosed and can't jailbreak. They use a custom detection method that there is currently no (and probably never will be) a fix or workaround.

This is only true if the corporate policy is set up to allow (or rather not care) about jailbreaks.

10. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all... has anyone themselves used Good for a corporation that has the jailbreak turned on? Is it only at the time of installation or a continual check?

11. aristobrat macrumors G4

12. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Aristobrat, now to figure out next steps :(
    Perhaps either find out if that rule is setup, or if I trade my BB out for an iPhone and carry two iPhones, keep the BB or just (shudder) unJB my current iPhone4 and ditch the BB!!!