Corporate Pricing for iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RyBike, Oct 6, 2011.

1. RyBike macrumors newbie

Hi,

First post. Long time lurker. Anyways, I tried the search and didn't see anything about this. I know someone who is supposedly doing a corporate/enterprise buy of iPads and they said that I might be able to get one. But, the price seems suspiciously low. So low that my gut tells me it is a scam, but the people involved are extremely reputable. Does anyone know what the price should be for corporate pricing? My guess is that it can't be that much less than retail because of the material cost of the iPads. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Ryan

2. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

If you go to http://store.apple.com and click business on the left sidebar, you can get a quote on what apple will sell them for.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It depends on the company and the number of iPads you are buying. If you are only buying one you should expect zero discount.

4. rwwest7 macrumors regular

It could also be them just dumping iPad 1's. We just got a great deal on 100 MacBook Airs "old" model.

5. HailApple macrumors newbie

My suggestion, get this done with Apple directly. If you are getting anything from 50 pcs or more. Be extremely skeptical when anyone claims to be able to get you a good deal.
    My company first deployed 80 iPad1, when it first launched, for executives in US, JP, HK, and China through a solution company who developed the enterprise apps for us. It was a disaster. Today we have over 1200 Macs and 600 iPad1 and iPad2 all dealt from Apple directly by ourselves. especially iPads in assembly lines, Apple reps helped expedite the shipment and clearance.

6. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

7. RyBike thread starter macrumors newbie

Did they give you much of a discount? I'm not actually trying to get a business deal for myself, just trying to see if this deal is legit. Supposedly it is for essentially half the price of an iPad, which seems like a crazy discount.

-Ryan

----------

Maybe I am having a brain malfunction, but I can't figure out how to send a note. You can email me at my forum name at yahoo.com.

Thanks!
    Ryan

8. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

1/2 price off is way too much. The profit margin on an ipad is about 25-40% (depending on model), so a 50% discount would essentially mean that Apple is selling at a net loss!

To contextualise it, my country's armed forces bought 8000 ipads for use in training for about 4 million. Each normally costs $668 (the 16gb wifi only version), so the average price of each ipad was about $500, which represents about 25% off.

So in your case, a 10-20% discount seems more reasonable, and even then, that has to be a lot of ipads purchased.

9. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

We recently executed a purchase for a customer for 12000 iPads. The discount was not 50%.....