Correct Provider Text

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by navigates, Oct 23, 2009.

  1. navigates macrumors 6502a

    Jul 13, 2008
    I've updated to 3.1.2 with the old baseband. I fixed the provider name by using the plist option but thats essentially a fake name and not the real name provided by AT&T. Is there a way to fix it. I'll be traveling shortly and would like to know which provider will I be roaming on.

    I also have the 3.0 ECID on file with Cydia. I personally didn't see any significant/infact any benefit by upgrading to 3.1.2.

    Is there an app that can tell me which provider I'm connected to?
  2. jason221 macrumors 6502

    Jun 26, 2009
    If you do not care about baseband, you can restore to 3.1.2 officially, which will update your baseband and fix the carrier errors, and then you can re-jailbreak using either blackra1n or PwnageTool.
  3. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Jul 13, 2008
    I'll be traveling and do care about the baseband else I would have updated it to 3.1.2 itself. Is there a way to restore it back to 3.0 as I have the SSH on sauriks server?
  4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

    Jul 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I thought the carrier displayed what sim you are using, not which company you are roaming on.
  5. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Jul 13, 2008
    If you are using another providers sim, it still shows the static AT&T and not tmobile, orange etc with 3.1.2

    While roaming on AT&T it will still show AT&T
  6. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Jul 13, 2008
    I downgraded it to 3.0. Installed ultrasn0w and it shows Tmobile correctly. of course I'll loose out on latest apps but at least my phone will display the provider correctly.

    I have a question. Can I save the SSH on Sauriks server to a later version even or is it just once.

Share This Page