correct replacement for broken 17" imac lcd

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nixtur, Jun 15, 2009.

1. nixtur macrumors newbie

The lcd panel received a center screen impact and now has a weblike series of cracks and a big 2.5 inch black spot.
    I would like to replace the lcd but i understand there are variations that make one 17" lcd slightly different from another 17" lcd. they are not all interchangeable . what do i look for when buying a new lcd from across the country to make sure i am buying the correct replacement for my machine?
    Thank you all,
    nixtur

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

First, you should state the specs of your machine to let us know what exactly you have.
    You can use the System Profiler and Everymac.com to help you find out what you have.

For finding out what display you have go into System Preferences > Displays > Color > select one of Apple's colour profiles, if you have set another > got to # '13' with the tag "mmod" and look under model what display you have.

3. MTI macrumors 65816

Or just put your machine's serial number into the search window of Apple's "Search Support" in the Support section of their web page . . . in case you can't read it on the LCD. ;)

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Thanks, I'm just not in form the last days. Should take a leave of absence of this place.

:)