Correct Serial Number Not Recognised

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tech Bloke, May 27, 2013.

1. Tech Bloke macrumors newbie

Frustrated with the constant burning disc problems on my MacBook Pro with Final Cut Studio 2 I decided to install it on my Mac Mini. No chance!!! Despite putting in the correct serial number in in caps with the hyphens, without the hyphens and in lower case, not one instance works!!! :mad:

Why won't FCS2 install on my Mac Mini with OSX 10.6.8?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Perhaps you are limited to a single install and it checks against a database somewhere and finds you already have a copy installed?

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....IIRC, FC Studio allows both a desktop and laptop install so unless you've also installed elsewhere I don't think that is the issue. More likely is confusing O with 0 and 1 with L etc.

If it is the former, then perhaps it's a case of your s/n being forged (generated by cracks) and that's what's preventing authenticating properly, but if that is the issue I think the error message may be a little more specific to that?

If you double check the s/n and make sure the 0 vs O and l vs 1 is okay, then just call Apple and hopefully they'll sort it out...oh yeah!