Correctly brush up some audio

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by willybNL, May 11, 2007.

1. willybNL macrumors 6502

While having my video in HDV1080i and looking perfect... my audio is like what you get if you .... (you know)...

so my question is: how can I make the audio better in FC(E)? Without losing to much 'aura' in the sound... Eg. I hear some childeren talk (sometimes even lauder then what i should be hearing)... How to get those away if possible?

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

You have your audio filters at your disposal... it really depends what the problems are. I usually slap a multichannel EQ on there and cut out all the frequencies I don't need, that and gets rid of some of the room tone/hiss/etc to clean up vocals. For more complicated stuff, you might want to export the audio and open it in ProTools or something.

The thing about audio is that not everything is fixable without re-recording. Don't rule out the possibility of re-recording dialog and matching it to the video, or sweetening the audio with sound effects from elsewhere.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Unless the problem is relatively minor and/or the frequency ranges are much higher or lower than the person you were recording there's not much that you can do.

Lethal