Correctly unplugging the MagSafe adapter

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Grafdude@gmail., Jul 29, 2007.

1. Grafdude@gmail. macrumors newbie

Im a total newbie to mac's and I just bought myself the mbp 2.2. Now my question is, when I want to unplug the power for the mbp, wether it's turned on or not, which one should I unplug first?

From what I read in the mbp instruction manual if my understanding is right, they say to unplug the power outlet cord and then the magsafe connector, same goes when you want to plug it.

I'm asking this because I would like to keep the power outlet always connected so that I would only need to plug the magsafe connector, I just want to make sure this is safe.

2. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

just unplug it from the laptop, it doesn't matter. plug it in, unplug it, doesn't matter. Leave it plugged into the wall. I've probably connected/disconnected the magsafe plug 1000 times in the last year.

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I honestly wouldn't have thought it makes a difference, and I doubt most people are aware if there is a proper 'procedure' for something like this. :)

Personally I just disconnect from the laptop, seeing as the mains plug is normally always kept plugged in.

4. Grafdude@gmail. thread starter macrumors newbie