Correlation between leaked pics & release?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Espo, May 31, 2010.

1. Espo macrumors 6502

I know we have never seen Apple have so many leaked images with an iPhone or any other product, but could the quantity of leaked iPhone 4 parts mean that the release of the iPhone 4 is sooner than expected? I know release on June 7 is unlikely, but it seems like everyone is getting these parts so perhaps production is preping for a sooner release date.

Also, I don't remember, but were iPhone 3Gs parts common close to release date last year?

2. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

AT&T said it definitively won't be in late June. So likely between 10-20.

Hopefully it wont be raining when i wait in line! :D

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I think it will probably happen like the 3GS launch last year. So that means release on Friday, June 18th. Hopefully 4.0 will come out on the Wednesday like last year as well.

4. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I think it will release the 11th. I mean, the 18th is pretty late in the month, and if your an ATT employee, you could have taken a vacation by then. I think Jobs will pull a shocker (lol... shocker) and say OMG the 11th! Orderz Now!

5. Espo thread starter macrumors 6502

Well IMO anything after 6/15 is late considering the 15th is mid June.

But did 3gs parts start becoming available around release (not WWDC, but consumer release) ?

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

To be clear, you are postulating that a negative correlation exists between the frequency of iPhone component leaks (or perhaps the total number of leaked components...you do not make that clear) and the remaining time to release date? It seems plausible, but I do not think sufficient data exists to test this hypothesis, certainly not with any statistical validity.

7. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I think that it will be around June 22th just because AT&T moved the upgrade eligibility date for a lot of iPhone owners excluding myself (f u at&t)
    another rumor mentions that Apple booked the YCBA (Yerba Buena Center for Arts is located by the Moscone Center in San Francisco) for June 22nd

8. azsprty macrumors 6502

On a tuesday? Well that would be odd as they usually release on a Friday (so I've read) and that would eliminate the AT&T rumor or " early June"

9. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

But "mid-June" isn't a specific date. Just like early June and late June, it's a date range. Considering June has 30 days, the 1st through 10th is early June, 11th through 20th is mid June and 21st through 30th is late June. Therefore, two of the rumored dates (11th and 18th) are mid-June.

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

+1
    Completely agree. Well Said.

11. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I pray it's going to be 18th. 11th seems too early.