Corroded Wireless Keyboard :(

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by The Killer Fuzz, Jan 14, 2009.

1. The Killer Fuzz macrumors member

The Killer Fuzz

Ok, so here is my dellema. I bought an apple wireless aluminum keyboard back in July along with my MacBook Pro. I have used it, but not all that much due to my desk space, I plan to get an external display soon so that will make use of it. I grabbed it off my desk today to relocate it and i noticed that it looked like someone glued the end closed. Upon further inspection, i noticed the batteries inside had actually corroded it shut. I finally got the end off with a quarter and pliars ( to get more leverage ). On the inside, the batteries have corroded to the sides and i can not get them out. All that to say, Is there something i can do, or do you think that it will be covered by the one year warranty? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Note: I do have an apple store near my house and the batteries were the ones included.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Since the problem was caused by batteries and not a factory defect, it won't be covered by AppleCare or the Apple Limited Warranty.

3. The Killer Fuzz thread starter macrumors member

The Killer Fuzz

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Any repair (if possible) or replacement will be at your expense.

5. crazyxzer0 macrumors 6502

i would bring it in and see if i can get it taken care off. You already in the worse case scenerio where you expect to pay out of your own pocket.