Corrosion on macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Placid, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Placid macrumors newbie

I have corrosion marks, where the finish has gone from where my hands lay on the laptop, i havent spilt anything or had dirty hands, why is it corroding? will mac replace it since I have the apple care protection plan for another year... I got this computer for college around august. this is a macbook pro laptop

2. machomer macrumors regular

This is a concern for many people and have been discussed in other threads.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=584704&highlight=palm+protection

That happens and it depends on person to person because of how much sweat or oil is on your hands.

Based on another thread, you can pay Apple to replace the case for you, but it's not cheap. I don't know the exact price, but could be $100+.

You can always purchase an adhesive product like Body Shield to stick over the palm rest area. There are many other products out there.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

$600 to $900 for case replacement, its not corrosion, its dirt from your hand and its not covered under warranty because its considered wear and tear, you can clean it off however, but i would be careful what chemicals you use. M3 stain removal pens work wonders, they even made my shiny keyboard look matte again (i thought it was shiny from use, but it was just grease in the end!)