Corrput Data After Restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Aeroalon, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Aeroalon macrumors newbie

I've recently been having problems with my iPod Touch (3rd Generation) battery, so I took it to the Apple Store to see if they could check the health. At the Apple Store, they ran a diagnostic test on my iPod and said nothing was wrong with the hardware, but there was a lot of corrupt data. I had just DFU restored my iPod about 1-2 hours before bringing it in to the store, so I don't see how this is possible. I had previously jailbroken my iPod, but, again, I don't see why it would matter as I had just restored. They said that they would do a "deep restore" of my iPod to get rid of the corrupt data. They also said not to restore from a backup as it might contain corrupt data.

Does anyone know where this corrupt data comes from, how it managed to say on my iPod after restoring, or what the Apple Store folks could "deep restore" that I can't?

2. Aeroalon thread starter macrumors newbie

I know this is a bit of a bump, but does anyone have any idea about this? I'm still wondering about why there could still be corrupt data on my iPod after DFU restoring.