Corrupt PDF file

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jaystewart, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Jaystewart macrumors newbie

Upon closing preview on a document i've spent a few hours highlighting, whenever its open now the text is skewed completely off the page and doesn't correspond to any of the highlighting. Is there a way to fix the pdf file?

Opening it on a web browser hasn't worked. I've tried opening it in word hoping that the text would emerge with some form of highlighting but the pdf won't even open in the first place.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpl3ofsd1...cs__policy_and_its_theoretical_basis.pdf?dl=0

Thank you

2. snorkelman macrumors 6502a

snorkelman

no fix I can come up with but viewing it in preview with the thumbnail sidebar enabled it looks like its had a huge left and bottom margin applied thats pushing page content off the top and right of the pages

Onlything I'd suggest given you did the annotations in preview is have you tried the File menu 'Revert To' 'Browse All Versions' option in preview? in case the margin offset crept in near the end of all your edits?

3. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

I know it's not helpful now, days later, but if you still had the original document & markup available in Preview (and it looked right on the screen) use Preview's Print > Print to .pdf instead of Save. I think that'll work perfectly.