Corrupt Podcast causes crash

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by OneTraveler, Jul 28, 2014.

1. OneTraveler macrumors member

After updating to iOS 8b4, my podcast app continually crashes at startup. It will load and then anywhere from 1 -3 seconds later the app will crash. I've re-installed beta4, wiped the phone, told iTunes to stop syncing podcasts, signed out of iCloud, turned on airplane mode, just about everything I can think of to troubleshoot. If I set the phone up as new, the podcast app appears to be ok (but of course all my items are gone). When I restore from backup it crashes again. So it must be something in the backup.

Now prior to beta2 I would delete the app, then redownload to start fresh. Now no longer an option. Any ideas? (and yes, it's been reported but looks like specific to my backup).

2. OneTraveler thread starter macrumors member

Also, I have device logs, but i'm just getting in to programming and development, so deciphering them is difficult for me. If anyone had any pointers, Id appreciate it.

3. paulmeyers42 macrumors member

Seeing this on iOS 8

Hi, did you ever figure out to fix this besides starting from scratch?

With the public release of iOS 8, I'm seeing the same crashing issue on my iPhone but not my iPad.

I tried syncing with iTunes manually but that doesn't fix it.

Paul

4. OneTraveler thread starter macrumors member

Hey Paul-

Well, sort of. I worked on it for about a week and sent logs back and forth to an engineer and we never found anything specific. I never started from scratch however. When the next developer preview was released, it solved my problem. So, sorry I can't be of help, but there is hope!

M

5. paulmeyers42 macrumors member

Rebuilt from scratch

I tried all sorts of things, but nothing worked. Plus, I had various other problems, like poor battery life, weird iCloud issues, overheating, etc.

So, I rebuilt my phone from scratch, and everything is fine. I suppose it was long overdue, I think I've been on this build for a couple phones now (I have an iPhone 5S now), and I had over 120+ apps installed.

Not a great solution, but it seems to have cleared up all the issues I was having.

Paul