corrupt widgets??

BollywooD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Hamburg
Several of my widgets no longer work?

I had Widget Manager 1.1.1 installed, and had the offending widgets deactivated....

I havnt used dashboard for a few weeks, and thought id give it another look. Widget Manager was all greyed out, so I couldnt reactivate my Widgets, so I uninnstalled Widget Manager, and manually renamed the files back to theyre original format.

When I fire up Dashboard, some of the widgets dont load theyre unique icons....but the default .wdgt icon???

I click on them and nothing???

is theyre any way i can restore them to theyre former glory?

I repaired permissions..... and im running 10.4.1

any ideas?

is their anywhere I can redownload?

thanks in advance :)

Applespider

macrumors G4
Are these some of the Apple widgets that aren't working? And did you have them turned off while you updated to 10.4.1? You need to enable all Apple widgets before a .x upgrade in case the installer is going to update them. If not, you might break some widgets (darned frustrating since I don't want to show the US-widgets in my Dashboard but have to keep turning them off/on)

If so, you may need to turn them back on again and then run the 10.4.1 installer again so that they update correctly.

BollywooD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Hamburg
still no luck...
i reran the 10.4.1 installer, and it fixed 1 or 2 of the widgets, but I still have 4 that dont work?

Dictionary, Flight Tracker, Address Book, and Phone Book.

Is there anywhere i can download them from? or another way to "fix" them

thanks