Corrupted data,.. Help!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alexstrider18, Mar 11, 2012.

1. alexstrider18 macrumors member

alexstrider18

i got a new macbook pro i7 quad core with 2.5 ghz and 8 gb of ram ,. only the other day ,.. it was a replacement laptop from the one i bought late 2010,.. i had sooo many probs with the old laptop that the repairs in less then a year came to more then 6 fixs,..
    but when i did a system restore from my airport ,.. some of the old probs from the old laptop were there again ,.. !!!!!:-( so i did a system reboot and tried to just select the folders i need to up load ,.. but when i restored WORD EXCEL some of the probs came back,.. !!! how do i explain it ,. hmm well when u do a three finger move of the page /or file open on the screen ,. it leaves trails ,.. and a full page swipe from left to right ,. causes the screen the stutter or when I'm sliding the page up or down it kind of stops for a sec,.. QUESTION is ,.. what can i do about this ,.. 1 can the pictures and movies folders ,.. EVEN IF THEY are corrupted date ,. cause my machine to do this ? and if so how do i go about getting my data with out runing the soft wear of my machine ,. !!??? sorry bout the essay ,. :-/

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

You should be sorry about a longer explanation but the quality of it. Did you invent this kind of punctuation. I am usually the last to complain about mistakes and spelling errors but if it gets so bad that one needs to read 3 times just to sort of comprehend the text.
    I assume you are not a native speaker but simply putting the spelling checker in a browser to good use should help you and the language in which you , ... help in structuring text, I haven't heard of yet.

Some of your problem sounds like a GPU problem. The rest might just be impatience. If something stutters a little that isn't necessarily a problem. Maybe it is just a big file.
    Corrupted data in a different location cannot influence something that has nothing do to with it. It might be corrupted too though I really don't understand that part of your "essay".

3. alexstrider18, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012

alexstrider18 thread starter macrumors member

alexstrider18

nope I'm well and truly an irish native,. :) id like to say I'm dyslexic but I'm not ,. just one bang to my head from one motorbike accident too many ,. hence a dear laptop,. ! money but no scence,.. i didn't go into the probs so much as they are a bit hard to explain with out the proper wording ,.. !! as for the size of the file ,. i can understand that ,.. but the stutter affect ,. happens with just a finder window open ,.. !! :-/ but i was thinking , like you said ,. that one corrupted file ,. might not be able to damage another,. !!?? so I'm puzzled as to why systems like , finder, iMovie, iPhoto and safari are showing signs of the damage ,. considering they are all individual folders ,. !! a question ,. if the data on my laptop was corrupted ,.. would the time machine ,. copy the damage and up load it with a restore ,.. and if so,.. how do i get my data ,. with out going through the time machine ! :)