Corrupted disk, but computer runs fine?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by YodaOfDarkness, Feb 14, 2010.

1. YodaOfDarkness macrumors newbie

So I decided to run a disk verification on Macintosh HD using Disk Utility after formatting some external hard drives, and two minutes into the verification process it stopped and said

Log:

Do I need to do a disk repair, or is OSX just being fussy about nothing (as it still works perfectly fine, never would've thought there was a problem). Oh, if it matters, I'm on an early 2008 Macbook Pro running 10.6.2.

2. silencer88 macrumors member

If disk utility is complaining, then it found a problem. I wouldn't risk data loss or a crash by not fixing it, especially since it's so easy. Boot from your installation DVD and run a repair.

3. Denarius macrumors 6502a

Denarius

Judging by the file count, I'd say it's just one dodgy file somewhere that doesn't have to be a system file so won't necessarily cause any failures. You'll probably only know exactly which one if you stumble across it by accident.

I agree with the other chap, just do what it says and forget about it and you can't go wrong.

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Worth running the disk utility as it'll likely fix the issue and you don't have to worry about it then.