Corrupted Fan folders on Dock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mauldor, Apr 19, 2008.

1. mauldor macrumors newbie

My Current Set up is as follows in case this makes any Difference:

24" Imac with 2.8GHz Extreme C2D.
    2 GIG Ram (Standard)
    OS X 10.5.2 Fresh Install, Fully Updated and only handful of added Apps.

I have attached a Picture of what happens randomly when using the FAN View on any Folder on the Dock. At first I thought it was the machine had too much Crap on there so recently I rebuilt it from Scratch. The iMac Came with 10.4.X x 2 CD/DVD and a Leopard Update DVD. To make sure that no added application or plug-ins were at fault, I made sure that only only installed the very basic's of what I needed.

Now I put the machine to Sleep at the end of each Session and not shut it down and this may have something to do with it, it effects Any folder put on the dock in fan View and cannot re-create at will but randomly happens.

My Guess is iChat - I notice after chatting to people on that, it starts to happen - If I do not run iChat for a week at a time, no corruption seems to occur. Anybody any idea why this happens, does anybody else have this problem? Is this just a 10.5.2 bug which maybe gets fixed later?

Attached Files:

2. mauldor thread starter macrumors newbie

I shall answer my own Post as no-one seems to have this problem, 10.5.3 9D23 fixed the issue and I have not had it since - so it was OS related in that sense.

3. yogi477 macrumors regular

Me too

I had the exact same issue, I thinks its fixed with me now though

4. aabdou macrumors newbie

running 10.5.4, still seeing the issue

I just bought a brand new 20" imac (2 days ago), and I have had the exact same problem, although I am not sure what the source is. I do not use ichat. The machine is running 10.5.4, and is fully updated. Does anyone else have any idea what might be causing this? Could this be a hardware issue with the video card?

5. jont-fu macrumors regular

I have had my 20" imac for a month now and just recently got this same problem a few times. I'm not using ichat either.. Mostly just the bundled software and Parallels. The only way to cure this seems to be a restart, and it's really annoying. I also tried "killall Dock" in terminal to restart the dock process but even that didn't help.