corrupted itunes backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redasawihli, Jun 28, 2015.

1. redasawihli macrumors newbie

i upgraded my iPhone to 8.3 and when i restore my backup from iTunes after a while it says :

Cannot restore my iPhone backup, iTunes says it's either corrupted or not compatible with this device

i tried the last version of iTunes and restored it and still haveing the problem .

any ideas for solving this issue

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. bugaboo12 macrumors newbie

Try searching for Decipher Backup Repair. It looks like they're fixing broken iOS backups.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I have never had a corrupted back-up before in all my years with Apple until the last year or so. I do weekly back-ups now just in case.

5. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Yes I was having the same issues for a long time until I had to do a factory reset to my iPhone 6. Now It seems to be lagging a bit when receiving a text messages. So after the factory reset I lost all my text messages and many of my contacts as well. You could tried that if you like and see what happens.

6. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

This happened to me as well... I was furious, and spent several hours trying to make it work - trying different computers, multiple resets, etc. In the end, it didn't work. So I downloaded a back-up extractor app to export text messages. And I manually searched for pictures in the back-up folder.

I think this was a bug on 8.3. I managed to come across 2 others who had the same issue. They both updated their new phones to 8.3 prior to restoring from back-ups.

On a bright side, clean-installing the iOS made the phone's operation very smooth and stable.