Corrupted iTunes library and iTunes Match

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by elitesouth, Nov 28, 2011.

1. elitesouth macrumors member

elitesouth

I have been keeping my music library (< 15K tracks) on an external FireWire drive for the last 2 years.

One day, I accidentally unplugged the drive (without ejecting it first), and as a result, each of my files is corrupted, including the entire iTunes library. I have tried to repair the drive in Disk Utility, Data Rescue 3, and Disk Warrior. No luck.

Since the library database is stored in my home folder and not on the external drive, all of my meta data is still in tact, but the tracks do not play.

Is there any way I'd still be able to send this to iTunes Match and essentially re-download my library from the cloud? I know this is a bit of a stretch... but I'm curious to know if anyone has any idea on if this would be possible.

I know iTunes verifies that the actual MP3 exists before sending data to the cloud (and it should). I also know that it would take a long while to download all of my tracks back. However, hypothetically, is there any workaround or loophole I can use to get my library back via iTunes Match?

2. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Hard to believe that not ejecting the disk would corrupt every single one of your files individually. Can you get at OTHER files on that disk?

In any case, you will be able to re-download songs that you PURCHASED directly from iTunes with or without iTunes Match. And of course you can reload everything fro original CD's that you have, which I know is a complete hassle but at least you wouldn;t have to repurchase. Other than that you are probably SOL. No way iTunes match will let you download songs that it can't verify that the track exists on your computer.

Tony