Corrupted Journal images with iPhoto on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by AceCoolie, Mar 19, 2012.

1. AceCoolie macrumors regular

Hi everyone. I'm playing with the new iPhoto app on my iPad and deceided to try the Journal. When it creates it on my iPad, all the images look great. I then click share and post it to the iCloud. I sent the link to myself and when I open it and let the page load, some of the images are pixelated and jaggie. Any ideas?

Here's the journal...
    https://www.icloud.com/journal/#p=0...9CF-0C53-406F-9ACC-7138073A69DB.jb/index.json

2. mrderik macrumors member

Greetings -

I would guess you scaled them to a smaller (visible) size than the original photos resolution could be 'shrunk' by the iPhoto/Journal function. But that's just a guess.

Mean time, ponder this. If a Journal is created on an iPad, then that iPad is the only machine that can edit it. And if you 'erase' a Journal from the iPad, it is deleted from your iCloud Home Page. What happens if you lose your iPad and have to do a 'remote erase'. Or someone enters the wrong login digits 10 times and the device is automatically 'erased'. Are your Journals gone too? Bethcha don't want to know the answer......

Theoretically, you could 'restore' your iPad from your iCloud backup and you're journals would most likely return - I think. I do not think they would have the same web addresses, or even the same 'Home Page' address.

For me, Journals seem like a 'temporary' photo hosting solution only.