corrupted jpeg in mac, fine in pc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by blvdeast, Jun 17, 2008.

1. blvdeast macrumors regular

i have about 400 pics i took with my cannon camera and they are all corrupted when i try opening with preview, photoshop, iphoto, quickview, everything i have.

when i plugged it into my pc, it would open fine, do the slideshow and all.

i've tried even zipping it in the pc and then transferring it to my mac, but the zip file was recognized as corrupt too.

an idea on getting them to my mac?

2. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Same if you just copy one or two pics in? Mac sometimes has trouble if the pics have too much embedded profile info in jpegs. Try graphicconverter for that workaround I heard. Neverthless, that is a strange issue you are having. Seems file transfer i/o related somehow.

3. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

Are the files still on the memory card? If so xfer them right to the Mac. I assume you xferred them to the PC first?

4. H$R macrumors 6502

H$R

I have a similar problem but it's not so important for me. I had a few nice wallpapers on the Windows PC and when I copied them on my Mac, they would also be corrupt. I retried it and the same happened. I think I also used an old version of Paintshop to resave them and that didn't help either. I will try graphicconverter right now.

EDIT: it really worked, converting with graphicconverter. I tried again with opening and resaving it with Photoshop and it also worked. I think the last time I resaved it in Windows and not on the Mac.

So, just try to convert it!

5. blvdeast thread starter macrumors regular

they are still on the memory card, but i did try the mac first. the pc was just to make sure they were still good (which i think they are).

and it is the same for individual pics copied over, even the video too.

i'll try the graphics converter software in a bit.

thanks, i'll keep the thread updated with my solution

6. chocodup macrumors member

chocodup

Some questions to see a little better :

Can we know what is the camera model and the memory card you use ?
    How did you transfer your photo pictures onto your Mac ?
    Can you import photo pictures taken with other camera ? other memory card ?