Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Hey,

I've got a folder with a handful of corrupted jpgs in them. They will partially display in some applications so some of the image data is still there.

I'm looking for a program that can repair, at least partially, these images. Is there a tool that can work on a whole folder?

Thanks for any tips.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Hey,

I've got a folder with a handful of corrupted jpgs in them. They will partially display in some applications so some of the image data is still there.

I'm looking for a program that can repair, at least partially, these images. Is there a tool that can work on a whole folder?

Thanks for any tips.

If the file is corrupted you can't really repair it- the encoding needs what's lost to work. If there's been a lot of activity on the disk, you may want to try something like PhotoRescue to see if there are areas on the disk that have non-corrupted copies.

Paul

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
I made a backup of the disk using Disk Utility so I didn't have to worry about damaging it any further. Then, I ran PhotoRescue on it and it recovered the quite a few of the images that were lost. There's still a few that are unrecoverable but all in all I'm quite pleased.

Thanks for the tip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.