Corrupted pictures on iPad from Mac

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cameronjpu, Aug 27, 2011.

1. cameronjpu, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

cameronjpu macrumors 65816

I just helped my client set up her new iPad and her new Mac. Moved thousands of pictures over from the old PC and they look fine on the computer. When i sync to the iPad, though, many of the pictures come out corrupted, where you'll see half, a third or whatever, of the picture, and the rest is just white.

I've tried deleting the iPod photo cache and re-syncing, but the problem remains. Interestingly, when i told it to do just a very small set of pictures, that set was fine. But when i did a larger group that included that smaller group, many of the pictures were corrupted including some of the small group that looked fine when they were the only pictures synced.

Any suggestions?

Edit: after trying everything else I could think of, i switched her photo library from syncing from folders (as she used Picasa) to syncing from iPhoto, which worked. Hope this helps someone else!

2. joec1101 macrumors 6502

I had this same problem a while back. I tried it on two different iPads and my iPhone4 as well - all had the same corrupt pictures after sync.

The only thing I found that worked was to import all my photos into iPhoto and then tell iTunes to sync with iPhoto instead of the Pictures directory. Of course, this is only going to work on a Mac. If you are on a PC, maybe there is some equivalent program like iPhoto that you can try.

My best guess is that it's some sort of iTunes bug - some file somewhere must have gotten corrupted and corrupts the photos when they are synced.

Maybe you can try just moving all the pics to a different folder on the computer and then tell iTunes to use that new directory. I didn't try this, but it might be worth a try. Maybe the corruption has to do with the folder the pics are in now (?).