Corsair Force GT SSD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mak713, Mar 4, 2011.

1. mak713 macrumors member

Ahh...Decisions, decisons! http://engt.co/h8anKH

I was super excited for the OCZ Vertex 3 and now this shows up on engadget's website. Not sure which one to buy but I'd imagine they are similarly priced. Any thoughts?

2. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

There should be some reviews on it in the near future so we can see how it stacks up to the latest group. It's a new technology and it's growing in leaps and bounds. It will be even better when the prices drop more.

3. Winooski macrumors newbie

Winooski

Can't Wait

I'll be interested to see the compatibility with Macs on this one... this may be my next purchase. Coupled with OS X supporting TRIM...

With prices diving a bit, better performance and Mac TRIM support, this is an exciting time in storage.

4. mak713 thread starter macrumors member

At the moment, Intel SSD 510,OCZ Vertex 3 & Corsair Force GT SSD seem to be the best SSD's available. I am looking forward to adding OWC to that list when they come out with their new SSD's. Just stoked about all these being available very soon. Competition is good. Hopefully, the prices of SSD's will fall earlier than expected.

5. Tyrion macrumors 6502a

I'm really looking forward to this and OWC's new Sandforce offerings. Based on what I've read so far, Corsair make great SSDs.

I'm also waiting for Anand's review of the new MBPs; he told me on Twitter that he was stress-testing the machines with the Intel 510s, so if there are any issues with these drives, we'll know very soon. OTOH, if Anand finds out the Intels work perfectly on SATA-III in the new MBPs, that would be a strong argument for just buying one right now, even though they're slower than the upcoming new Sandforce SSDs. It's an interesting time to be in the market for a new SSD.