Corsair Memory

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by staylorp, Aug 8, 2013.

1. staylorp macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm new here, just posted in the Unibody thread too!

Has anybody else had issues with Corsair memory? I get 3 beeps when I try to boot with a new batch and I keep reading others with a similar problem. 3 beeps usually means that the memory is dead, but the memory has been tested with Memtest on another machine and there is nothing wrong with it.

The memory I purchased specifically was 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3, 1066mhz.

Going to return it for another brand either way I think, but is this known to be a common problem with Corsair specifically? If so, has anybody worked out a way to 'fix' it?

2. Jaben3421 macrumors regular

When I bought 8GB of RAM for my MacBook, it worked fine on the first try. But the other identical set for my wife's MacBook did the 3 beeps, and had to be returned. The next set and it was fine. So I guess it just depends on the kit you get. Just a luck game. Lesson of RAM shopping, make sure you always buy from somewhere it can be returned.

3. madmacfan macrumors 6502

Sounds Like you have dodgy ram. I myself have not had a good experience with corsair Memory and have run into the same problem where my Macbook refuses to boot and returns 3 beeps. Checked that the ram was seated properly and it was, so ended up exchanging the corsair kit for a kingston 2x 4gb kit and have never had a problem since.