corsair Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1 USB Gaming Headset

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Guini, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Guini macrumors newbie

Hi guys, wondering if you could help me. So I've got a Turtlebeach X11 headset from my Xbox 360 that I thought I may be able to use on my 2011 15" Macbook Pro. However, I soon found that they aren't supported and the mic can not be used (sucks..).

So, I'm in the market for a new headset, and after doing my research I've found multiple sites saying that USB headsets should be compatible. I have been looking at the Corsair CA-9011112-WW Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1 USB Gaming Headset as a replacement.

I will be using the Headset on both Lion and a Windows 7 bootcamp, and need it for both audio and mic output for programs such as Mumble, Ventrillo, etc.

My question; will the headset and mic work?

Thanks for your help!

2. Guini thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Davxx macrumors newbie

4. BruDog macrumors newbie

They work

These work on my mac mini. I even registered just to inform as I could find little online and this thread is one of the early hits on Google. I am running Snow Leopard.

5. misterGREG macrumors newbie

I purchased these today and they work just fine on my MacBook Pro with Retina Display on Mountain Lion.

The ONLY problem is that there is no way to disable the mic. While gaming that obviously isn't a problem, and even found it wasn't noticeable with music playing either.

I do most of my gaming through Boot Camp so it's not a big deal either way, but definitely usable in OS X too.

6. ewall macrumors newbie

ewall

@BruDog & @misterGREG: Does the 7.1 channel surround actually work on the Mac? Most of the PC-only headsets I've researched apparently only work in stereo mode on OS X since there are no 7.1/5.1 drivers...

(I'm currently considering the updated version v2 of the Corsair Vengeance 1500, the Plantronics GameCon 780, or the Logitech G35 or G930... but everything I've found says Macs only recognize them as stereo headphones.)