Cortana vs. Siri

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Muscle Master, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Muscle Master macrumors 6502a

Muscle Master

2. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Siri has been working fine for me on my iPad, but Cortana seems to get much closer to Google and I can't wait for it to be incorporated onto my 1520.

3. CyanLite macrumors regular

Cortana is a very good mix of Siri and Google Now. Though they do have to quickly roll this out to other countries because just US is just dumb.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Is it just US ? If so that's very annoying ....

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Game reference aside, the name doesn't seem to roll off your tongue too well.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I agree, and even whilst I know the game - I still think it's corny to go naming it after the game...

So it seems looking into it - it will be available for english UK as well as english US but likely only after it comes out of beta .... when will that be ?

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They're not releasing the OS until later this month and it seems it will be a rolling release. Probably the newer phones getting it sooner.

If I do jump ship and get a WP, the odds are high it won't have it on there, so I'll be waiting. I don't use siri due to its limitations (its just easier pulling the stuff up myself) I wonder how this will be.

8. CyanLite macrumors regular

Yes and it will roll out to China and UK in the second half of this year and then the rest of the world in the first half of next year...so really, very few people will have the feature this whole year..

9. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

If I could get it to say "Chief? Chief can you hear me?!" As my alarm I'd switch to Windows Phone again :cool: