Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JessyD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
The first problem I noticed was the slight cracking on the hinges, this bothers me but is not too bad. The second problem is the cracking at the front of the computer under the lip used to lift the screen. The last problem and the most annoying of the three is the soft plastic bottom has almost come off completely. It started of with just the little bit at the front but once that stopped it started around the sides. It all began with a bubble under the plastic near the edge, about the size of a large coin.

Is anyone else having any of these problems? I know the hinge cracking is common. But any of the other? I love my mac and treat it like a loved child but I am having trouble cosmetically.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Should still be under warranty, right?

Where did you purchase it? Is there an Apple Store close by?
Take it in to an Apple Store and have them look at it

Perdification

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2010
The first problem I noticed was the slight cracking on the hinges, this bothers me but is not too bad. The second problem is the cracking at the front of the computer under the lip used to lift the screen. The last problem and the most annoying of the three is the soft plastic bottom has almost come off completely. It started of with just the little bit at the front but once that stopped it started around the sides. It all began with a bubble under the plastic near the edge, about the size of a large coin.

Is anyone else having any of these problems? I know the hinge cracking is common. But any of the other? I love my mac and treat it like a loved child but I am having trouble cosmetically.

How long have you got it? If its still under the one year and you haven't got applecare, take it to the genius bar in an ambulance if you will.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
If you say it's a 2010 then its obviously still under warranty which that will cover it. Take it to the genius bar and the should take care of you. :)

sidewayskiwi

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
JessyD

I have the same problem with my macbook, i've had it a year now.. but i have 4years insurance to cover it.. do you know if the insurance covers cosmetic damage?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.