Cosmetic state of Refurbs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jcmc, Jun 28, 2009.

1. jcmc macrumors member

Hi,

Looking through previous threads, most people seem to be overwhelmingly positive about buying up refurbs from Apple. I'm in the market for an Air refurb, the question i had is that as Apple themselves state that their refurbished products might have some cosmetic blemishes, have any of you acquired a product this way and been disappointed with the physical condition of what they got ?

Thanks,

Craig

2. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

every refurb I have ever bought looks brand new.

3. poppero macrumors member

i believe this is impossible.
    a refurb mac is a "fixed" mac, in all of its parts, then if something is wrong is being replaced or, at least, fixed.

4. California macrumors 68040

California

Every refurb I have bought looks brand new.

And to add to my confidence in them, I returned two new Macbook Aluminums when they first came out. (actually might have been three?)

2.0 just because I wanted the better one; within the fourteen day period.

2.4ghz because it had a glitch in the screen... a bright spot or line not a pixel and Apple returned it right away.

I possessed these machines for a few days at most and knew they were going to have to be sold as refurbs. THEY WERE PERFECT cosmetically and the one with the bad screen was undoubtedly fixed.

Oh, now I remember, I returned another 2.4ghz for the weird slanted keys problem.

Again, perfect cosmetically, not a scratch on them and barely used. I mean BARELY.

5. jcmc thread starter macrumors member

That's good to know. Thanks all for your feedback.