Cost of iPhone on Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacNewbie07, Jan 7, 2011.

1. MacNewbie07 macrumors newbie

I don't think I've seen a definitive breakdown of projected cost of a Verizon iPhone vs, AT&T iPhone.

Will it be any cheaper to own an iPhone via Verizon?

I believe I looked at Verizon's website about a month ago and it seemed like it would still be $70 for a decent talk & text plan + $30 for a decent data plan, so the same cost as owning one via AT&T.

Assuming they don't come out with cheaper plans for the iPhone than what they're offering now (and why would they).

Any info appreciated.

2. mltaylor macrumors regular

All speculation considering they havent announced a verizon iphone but I believe when the Iphone was released on ATT they became the most expensive phone plan...I think more expensive than blackberry plan at the time.

3. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

current offering for both carriers for the minimum plans

att
    450 mins $39.99
    5000 n&w mins
    Unl m2m
    Unl text $20
    data 2gb for $25 or
    200 MB $15

verizon
    450 mins $39.99
    Unl n&w mins
    Unl m2m
    Unl text $20
    unl data for $30 or
    150 MB $15

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I have the iPhone on Att and pay about 60 bucks.
    I have 450 minutes for $39
    The $5 text messaging plan
    The $15 data plan

I get a slight discount through my job so I still pay just over $60 even with the taxes and fees. I had a better discount back when I was on Verizon but at that time Verizon had no tiered data so it made moving to Att a no brainer.

I have wifi at the office and at home so it is easy for me to live within the 250 Meg limit and I'm sure I could live within Verizon's 150 Meg limit. If iPhone comes out on Verizon, I might even consider paying the Att ETF just to get better coverage. Sadly, "Mark the Spot" is one of my most frequently used apps.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

How can there be a definitive breakdown of projected cost on something that doesn't exist? I would imagine that the costs would be pretty close to each other. But then again, that is pure speculation on my part just like everyone else who answers this thread.

6. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

Don't count on it being any cheaper. In fact, it will probably be slightly more expensive.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there was no unlimited data for it either.

7. GolpherZX macrumors newbie

Verizon has the plans for the Android phones, and it is proven that Android phones use more data than that of the iPhone. I would expect that if you priced out a plan for an Android phone that it would be what you would pay.