Cost of new upper casing?? 2009 13" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Synergie, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Synergie macrumors 6502a

Just wondering how much an upper casing (the aluminum part that holds the screen) would cost for a 2009 13" MBP??

Thanks to my cat, the casing around the screen now has a serious dent! I was gonna think about upgrading, but then found out that I can't easily switch out the hard drive that is in this one... which I recently upgraded to a faster hybrid drive. Apparently the OS will not work if I do a straight swap into a 2012 13" MBP and I don't want to spend hours setting things back up again. My 2009 is mint condition (minus this serious dent which is encroaching on the screen and I expect the screen to start cracking because of it - even the rubber around the screen got pushed into the screen and theres a sharp edge pushing right on the screen now.) I even updated the RAM to 8 Gb. And this was the more expensive version with the better processor... so I don't want to have to shell out 1700.00 if I don't have to for a new one.

I am willing to pay even as much as 400.00 or so to get the upper casing replaced. My current LCD screen is just fine... so if its possible to even use this screen but just get a new aluminum housing... I don't know if thats possible or not.

Anyone have any idea if its possible and what the cost might be??

Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can't buy just the rear display case, so a new display assembly costs about $500.