Costco and iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aajad, Sep 21, 2007.

1. aajad macrumors member

aajad

I got my 16GB at the Costco in Tempe, AZ yesterday (9/20). They just came in and weren't even on the floor. When I was checking out, the manager reminded me of the 90 day return policy. I told him that there were some bad screens and/or problems with some of the early units but that I wanted to get one and see and get used to it. If the screen is bad, I'll just return it within 90 days. He turned to me, smiled and said, "Exactly!"

The screen seems a little dark with Goodfellas but nothing I can't deal with. I'm more interested in Wi-Fi and audio both of which are very good. I'll keep up with the news and if it looks like the pipeline is cleared out, I'll return it by 12/20/07. No big deal. To me, I just accept the smaller selection at Costco to have peace of mind with their customer service.

A little side note: I had bought an 80 GB iPod at Costco in June 2007. It was very twitchy and froze up a lot. When I heard the rumors about the Touch, I returned it and with my credit, I was spending like $50 more to upgrade. Costco. A new technophile's best friend.

2. ynblood macrumors member

aajad,

Great News getting the Itouch at Costco. I went there today and they didn't have any I could find. I called the Apple Store again after leaving Costco and they told me they had a few 8GB's left but wouldn't hold one for me. I drove over and finally got one. I talked to the Apple salesperson when I arrived and he did tell me that the 36 & 37 had the bad screens. He actually showed me what to look for on the box and said this is a 38 version you have. Hope everything works out for you.

3. aajad thread starter macrumors member

aajad

Well, mine is a 37 but like I said, no big deal. I'll wait a month or two and then return it.

4. Y2JDMBFAN macrumors regular

Guys,

Just ran out to Costco to check their inventory. They have 16GB Macy Gray's in stock. Week 38...This was a store in Oak Brook IL, 389.99...Great screen, no hiss...

Y2J

5. onionperson654 macrumors regular

onionperson654

Just checked for 8gbs at Costco.

They said they were supposed to get them on the 18th, but didn't, and to call back tomorrow after the 5:00AM truck rolls in!

I think they said 16 (of that model), but I am not 100% certain. Hopefully, I'll get one regardless.

6. Iced Angel macrumors regular

I keep checking Costco near my house ... I think they are not suppose to bring iPod Touch !! they just have classic iPod :(

7. JonfromVegas macrumors newbie

8. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Much better than the apple store's return policy...this is how it should be. Though I think 90 days is RIDICULOUS! lol, but very very nice indeed for the consumer. I say 30 days is more than enough, but the 90 days is welcomed. I wonder if costco canada has the same policy?

9. Iced Angel macrumors regular

they used to have 1 year return policy ... sometimes 2 years:D
    those were the days ...

10. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Target has 90 days as well. While they say they have a 10% restocking fee policy on ipods apparently it's rarely enforced.

11. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Our Costco had 8 gig in stock on Tuesday. They didn't even have a spot for 16 and when I asked, I got a "Whats on the shelf is what we have" canned response.

12. The Destroyer macrumors member

Everytime I go in there and ever ask anyone their they say that same response. I don't think anyone there ever helps anyone from the times I've gone. Don't know about yours, but the displays in mine change almost daily and one day you'll go in and see a stack of them there, then the next its a totally different product. Good deals none-the-less but for electronics and games its hard to predict.