iPhone X Costco doesn't sell the Qualcomm version?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maverick22, Mar 27, 2018.

1. maverick22 macrumors 6502

I was at Costco on Sunday and was interested to check out the iphone deals. They offer a $200 Costco card with a new AT&T X (tax-free apparently), and you still get the BOGO (an 8/8+). However, I was asking if it's the "universal" model (sim-free like from Apple), and the rep didn't seem too sure. I just looked at the model # in settings, and it was the A1901, which is the Intel, correct? Anyone have experience buying from Costco?

I wanted to go with Qualcomm this time around just to keep my options open in the future. I'm with T-mo now and am looking to go back to AT&T. I may want to switch to VZ if not happy, and just like to be able to without having to buy a new phone at the time.

Anyways, I assumed Best Buy, Target, Sams, and Costco all carried the Qualcomm version (A1865 right?). I think if I end up doing this I'll buy it from Target as they are offering a $250 gift card. The reps there acted like they sell the A1865.

2. zmon macrumors regular

zmon

Regardless of where you go, if you buy an AT&T model, you will get an Intel version. If you want the Qualcomm version, you need to buy a Verizon model or buy the SIM-Free version from Apple outright (or go on their iPhone Upgrade Program). It will be the same case regardless if it's an X, 8/8+ or 7/7+.

3. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just went to Target tonight and looked at the model of one of their phones. They sell the "universal" kind (A1865).

4. DaveOP macrumors 65816

But is the BOGO from ATT or from Target? If from ATT, they'll likely give you the ATT branded phone, which will be Intel.

5. Bstephens macrumors newbie

I got my 8 pluses from there on ATT next and both where the A1864. I don’t know if the dude just grabbed the wrong ones or if thats all they stock.

6. maverick22, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018

maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's B1G1 through AT&T, and Target is also giving $250 gift cards for each new activation (one can be an upgrade I think). We got the phones through Target, and both of our phones we received are Qualcomms!