Costco IPhone6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VAJim, Dec 22, 2014.

1. VAJim macrumors newbie

We ordered 2 Iphones (6 & 6+) from Costco yesterday. The CSR at Costco said it would be about 2 weeks before we received our phones. Does this sound right? So far no email of shipment.
    Thanks!

2. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

Costco IPhone6

I order mine from Verizon and got it the next day. The waiting period should be zero now. Apple caught up with demand.

3. VAJim thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick response.

The CSR at Costco made it sound like the delay was due to the holidays...?

4. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

It might just be Costco is not able to get enough supply.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Depends what capacity and where you live. The 128gbs are hard to find by me.

6. VAJim thread starter macrumors newbie

Ours are the iphone6 and iphone6 plus. Both are the 16gb model. We're in SE Virginia.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That makes sense. The 16gbs have pretty much always been in stock. I've decided to buy into icloud drive for photos and documents, so having 128gbs devices is a must :)

8. VAJim thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

I guess in this case.."pretty much in stock' means.."see ya in 2 weeks"

9. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Costco just probably receives a very low supply. The apple stores and carriers have them in hand now, or 1-3 days with shipping.

10. macblitz macrumors member

macblitz

This is online or through a phone call?

I bought it locally inside a costco store. No wait needed and I picked it up inside a local costco store.

11. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Is there an advantage to purchasing at Costco vs other retail outlets?

12. VAJim thread starter macrumors newbie

This was a walk in to our local Costco. Went back today and found out that our phones just left Memphis on their way to Auburn, WA. Then they will be shipped back across country to Norfolk, VA. Gotta love technology!:eek:

Maybe we'll see them next week..?

----------

The deal we got was:

Iphone6 =$157.
    Iphone6 Plus $257.

Plus 2 $150 Costco cash cards.

Of course we had to agree to a 2 year plan.

13. macblitz macrumors member

macblitz

Costco advantages but sometimes other places have better deals (shop around). Current promotion:

1. $177 for iphone 6 on 2 year contract (Save $22)
    2. Currently bundled in with a car charger and car holder. Need to do mail in rebate for it.
    3. Costco has 90 return policy just like everything else at costco. When I bought it, costco said it a 14 day return policy to get refund and 90 day return policy if phone is broken.

14. VAJim thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh yeah...did I mentioned that the Costco deal includes some sort of goodie bag with a vehicle charger and dash mount.

15. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

Also if purchasing through Tmobile you only pay taxes. For many customers on Tmobile they charge a hefty down payment sometimes requiring up to 60% of the phone at the time of purchase I believe. Where as at Costco you one pay the sales tax.

16. VAJim thread starter macrumors newbie

Still waiting on our phones. Now the thing that concerns me is that according to the rebate form, the phones must be purchased AND activated by Dec 31 2014.

I'm going back to Costco tonight to check.

:(

17. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

Over here on the west coast, I know of someone else who was told the same thing: two weeks for two 16gb 6+'s. I suspect Costco is at the end of the line for order fulfillment from at Apple.

18. VAJim thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I went to Costco tonight. The kiosk rep did not want to help. I had to ask that he look our order up inn his computer. He finally agreed and we then found out our phones are in Seattle. This now brings us to our next possible problem. The $150 Costco cash card rebate form says the phones must be activated by Dec 31 2014. In our case that probably will NOT happen. The kiosk rep said not to worry, we'll still qualify for the rebate since we placed the order on Dec 21. I also found out that the reason I didn't receive an email from Wireless Advocates (kiosk folks) is because we ordered our phones from inside the Costco at the kiosk. The email and website tracking is for those who order on their website.

These are NEW (as in we've never had cell phones at all) phones and all of this is making me wonder why and turn the whole thing off.

19. ZipZap macrumors 601

I believe they are activated once they are assigned to you/shipped. Your billing starts at the same time.

Sounds like a great deal from them. The Kiosk person needs to be taught some basic retailer skills.

20. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

I've never bought cell phones from Costco, but I do know they have really good customer service. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't reissue you rebate cards if there is a problem. This is your first go round with acquiring cell phones and while you are getting a good deal, the situation requires patience on your end and trust they will do the right thing. Some of the employees can come across as disaffected and customer service should be made aware, but don't judge the whole based on that one interaction.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Costco probably gets very little supply compared to Apple stores and carriers.

22. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

23. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I Just noticed it now, thank you.:)

24. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

Nae problemo

25. VAJim thread starter macrumors newbie

?

----------

Thanks...I've been with Costco back when they were called the Price Club. Never had any problems with them or their customer service.

We'll just wait and see what happens. Thanks for all the inputs.:)