Costco Now selling the iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Sep 8, 2014.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

For a long time Apple wasn't selling any products at Costco because of some falling out between them and Costco. However I recently noticed there's now a new Apple products table with iPads and ipods. I thought it was a step in the right direction. Then yesterday I noticed that they are now selling the iPhone 5s for AT&T! Would be great to see them get the iPhone 6 for Verizon & AT&T!

2. jekjones1558 macrumors 6502

My Costco sells Verizon iPhones also and currently has a $100 rebate for buying on Edge. No word yet when they will stock iPhone 6.

3. cbpelikan macrumors member

cbpelikan

I am a confused about ordering from Costco.

I currently have AT&T Mobile Share 2GB with 2 lines (phones paid off) for $90 (40+25+25).

Through an AT&T 2 year contract, 2 new 6's would make my monthly bill $120 (40+40+40).

Costco makes me add 3GB per line for $30. I don't see a way to keep my current plan and they don't tell me what my monthly bill would end up being.
    $140? (30+30+40+40)

4. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

My local Costco said they'll be getting them on release day.

5. thenewone macrumors member

Does Costco allow iPhones to be purchased with ATT Next in store? Online it looks like 2-year contracts only...

6. meeks macrumors regular

I work there, you have to go pre-order tomorrow morning when the store opens at 10am if you want a phone. You can use NEXT to upgrade in-store as well as 2 year.

7. thenewone macrumors member

Thanks for the tip! At Costco can you ADD a line to an existing account (as opposed to upgrade) via Next as well?

8. cbpelikan macrumors member

cbpelikan

Are there any discounts when using NEXT at Costco?

9. comptr macrumors 65816

so is it the case that if I pre-order tomorrow morning that I can have a 6+ for the 19th ?

10. anarche macrumors member

anarche

You can buy from Costco directly from their website costco.com - search for Apple. It links to a trusted Costco supplier which has iPhone 6 and other models for all carriers in stock.

11. Lasereyes macrumors member

All expected processing dates are after the 19th though. I also don't see an iphone plus option :( are they not coming in?

12. comptr macrumors 65816

its still better then the carrier verizon gave october 21st for the 6+ this way sooner I am switching to costco.

13. sadievan macrumors regular

When I called my local Costco about the 6 availability and pre orders they said they were only getting the 16GB ones in the store and could only take pre orders for those.

14. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

The guys at my local Costco said they're expecting to have a "launch day event" but their expressions said something else. Then they tried to get me interested in an Android phone.

15. comptr macrumors 65816

nope they are wrong:mad: I just came back from my local costco and pre-ordered the 6+ 128 sliver.

16. Lasereyes macrumors member

Expected date?

17. comptr macrumors 65816

the website says 9-23 but the people at the store were confused by that date so they said 10-28 but they said it could possibly ship on the 9-23 but they are not sure as they brand new to selling the iPhone. They Also gave me their store number so I am going to call them on wednesday to find out what inventory they will get for the 19th and if the have the phone I want I will camp on the 19th early in the morning like at 6 as they told me they don't expect much of a rush as only costco members could buy from them.

18. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

So, I had to bop down to our Costco to see if anything was up (It's only 5 minutes away—dangerous to the pocketbook!).

First, the guy seemed to know what he was talking about, unlike the two guys I talked to earlier in the week.

They're only accepting preorders for Verizon. Expected delivery date is Oct. 7.

They will have 6's, including the Plus, on the 19th, though he added he suspected they'd only have the 16GB plus models. He couldn't say for positive.

19. comptr macrumors 65816

really when I pre-oreded there today they said my 6+ won't come till october 28th but if I can get by oct 7th thats great. they also told me they could get more then just the 16gb 6+ for the 19th so they gave me their card and said to call on wednesday to find out what they are getting.

20. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Not showing all models for me..could be my terrible browser from work.

Only 6 Plus is the silver 64GB model.

21. sadievan macrumors regular

That's exactly what my local Costco guy told me, except he didn't mention a delivery date.

22. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Is says the 6 plus will process on or before the 20th. Does it mean we can get it on the 19th or 20th or they won't ship it out till then?

23. bigthanbigger macrumors regular

hahaha . i though cosco selling fruit stuff .......
    so maybe later CVS or Walgreen sell iphone too .... apple too popular ....

[​IMG]

24. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

How much?

25. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

This is what I expect, except, supplies will be limited until apple's suppliers catch up with demand (as usual).

You should be able to get Iphone with any major carrier if you go to your local costco and go to the mobile kiosk. (Only way to go with tmobile...not available online).

FYI: if you don't want iPhone 6, costco is currently offering iPhone 5s starting at $78 on contract (according to my email from a couple days ago).