Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Costco has launched a promotion allowing its U.S. Costco card members to receive $100 or $50 mail-in rebates when they pre-order an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus. The mail-in rebate amount is different for each carrier.

costcoiphone6s.png

T-Mobile customers get a $100 mail-in rebate when they pre-order any iPhone 6s or 6s Plus in any color and / or storage option. Verizon and Sprint customers, however, only receive a $50 mail-in rebate on either a 16 GB gold iPhone 6s Plus, a 16 GB Space Gray iPhone 6s or a 64 GB Space Gray iPhone 6s. AT&T customers, unfortunately, are not eligible for any mail-in rebates.

While it's not rare for iPhones to get mail-in rebate forms or discounts, it is rare for a promotional price to be offered on an iPhone during its pre-order period. Costco card members must pre-order their iPhone 6s or 6s Plus online between September 12 and September 24 to be eligible for the mail-in rebate.

Article Link: Costco Offering $50 to $100 Mail-In Rebates on iPhone 6s and 6s Plus

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
I just switched to t-mobile last weekend from verizon. Fingers crossed for good coverage. The $20 per month jump program was too good to pass up. Now the whole family will enjoy new iPhones every year.

Reactions: Diode and nostaws

Palliser

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
USA
I started a thread on this on Monday.

For T-Mobile customers it's a $100 mail in rebate for a Costco cash card plus free Accessory Bonus Pack including a dock and car charger and free $25 Costco Cash Card according to the site.

So $125 in Costco Cash in total plus some other goodies.

Reactions: Oblivious.Robot

rohitp

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
Austin, Texas
I just switched to t-mobile last weekend from verizon. Fingers crossed for good coverage. The $20 per month jump program was too good to pass up. Now the whole family will enjoy new iPhones every year.

The $20 promotion is for an introductory rate for the new iPhone 6 phones but it's only during that period. You actually get charged more but there will be a monthly credit to bring it down to the promotional rate. I wonder if switching to another phone, which renews the lease, takes us back to a normal Jump on Demand rate. I'm thinking it would.

Also, FWIW, T-Mobile offers a free WiFi AC router that is excellent and works with wifi calling and SMS very well - just in case you are worried about coverage issues.

Reactions: ghost187

invisibleshoes

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Any chance I can still get the rebate even though I pre-ordered days ago (On T-Mobile.com)?

Edit: Nevermind. Says rebate only valid if ordered through Costco online. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: naeS1Sean

logics8

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
I'm curious to see what is the better deal. Locking in for $20 a month at Tmo or getting $100 back from costco. Because apparently if we upgrade to a new iphone we can keep the $20 rate and get the same size phone eg. 64GB for 64GB without paying anything extra because it is being leased.

Cndnmax

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
I'm curious to see what is the better deal. Locking in for $20 a month at Tmo or getting $100 back from costco. Because apparently if we upgrade to a new iphone we can keep the $20 rate and get the same size phone eg. 64GB for 64GB without paying anything extra because it is being leased.
With the free charger and $25 cash card it's the same price as paying the $20 lease and using the buy out option after those 18months.

The lease promotion is only good for 18months. You can save more money buy selling your used phone on eBay vs turning it back in for a new one (how do you think the cell company makes money off these leases).

Reactions: ghost187

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Mail-in rebate? Costco cash card? Ehh... I'd rather they just give me an AMEX gift card, but I get why they're doing this. I'll pass and stick with T-Mobile's JOD promo.

Dephtones

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2015
What a crock. If AT&T didn't have the best service in my area and we weren't getting an amazing discount I would jump ship. This, with the new $15 AT&T next activation money grab (which I'm not paying. I'll return the phone and buy it outright if they don't waive it) AT&T has become even worse at gouging and alienating their customers, which I thought was impossible

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
This is a Costco promotion, not an AT&T promotion. If anything, blame Costco.

With regards to the $15 Next activation fee, it's absolutely ridiculous. Then again, with Apple offering interest-free installment plans, my Next days are most likely over. I'm not loyal to one particular carrier, but, with Sprint and T-Mobile both lacking in the coverage department, the only other viable option is Verizon. At this point, I'd rather stay with the devil I know.

sirmium

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015
can i preorder through costco and still do Jump on demand for $20/m? that would be sweet deal

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
The $20 promotion is for an introductory rate for the new iPhone 6 phones but it's only during that period. You actually get charged more but there will be a monthly credit to bring it down to the promotional rate. I wonder if switching to another phone, which renews the lease, takes us back to a normal Jump on Demand rate. I'm thinking it would.

Also, FWIW, T-Mobile offers a free WiFi AC router that is excellent and works with wifi calling and SMS very well - just in case you are worried about coverage issues.

Well, I'm sure it takes you back to normal jump on demand rate but, this won't be the first nor the last deal they make. There was a $15 a month deal before this, which is even better. I think if you catch the deals, you may even do better in the future in terms of pricing. Also, I don't like paying for Apple care especially since I always buy the new iPhone day one, because I will never need the extra coverage beyond the first year, so financing through Apple never made sense because Apple care is forced on to you. Btw, thanks for the free router tip.

soheilk

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2014
This is a Costco promotion, not an AT&T promotion. If anything, blame Costco.

No, it's not Costco's. Costco can't single handedly offer $100 cash card while the carrier is charging them the same price. I mean Costco is great and I love them, but you certainly don't expect them to give you something at a loss. I work in consumer tech and the manufacturer has to approve your selling price. Also every form of rebate has to come from the manufacturer. In this case though, it's the carrier that is offering the rebate.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Sorry Costco, I don't do rebate. They either forget to send the rebate or it gets lost.

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
phone should be always sold FULL price, then you can see all this deal. we are still tied up with contracts and installment plans.

good part on costco. not sure how they managed to escape apple tight control of prices.

31 Flavas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2011

Correct. In order to obtain the full discount that the Jump on Demand promotion offers -- you have to fully ride out the lease. Which isn't going to be a problem to many people. It's a great deal, but you do have to ride it out to get the deal.

That said, John Legere / T-Mobile will, more then likely, just offer a new deal next year on the next iPhone. Which will make jumping, for those that want to, less of a problem or no problem at all.

can i preorder through costco and still do Jump on demand for $20/m? that would be sweet deal
I don't think so. The rebate form specifically says "include a photocopy EIP agreement" which, I think, therefore eliminates JoD leases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.