Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pshufd

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
First time I've seen them in the store. They had the Max Studio for $1,850 and the Ultra Studio for $3,800.

They stopped selling the 27 inch iMacs a couple of months ago in the store. It may be that Apple really doesn't make these any longer.

They were selling the M1 mini and not the M2 so maybe Apple is still backordered on those? I didn't check out the MacBooks but they had a 16 there (didn't check if M1 or M2). Everything else was hidden from me because they were behind the iMacs on the table.

The Studio must be fairly popular for Costco to sell them. One reason for selling them in this particular store as it's just over the border from a state with sales taxes. Our state doesn't have sales taxes so you'd save $228 on a Studio purchase. They also had the Studio display but I didn't look for the price.

Reactions: TheStork

pshufd

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Sounds like Portland Costco.

This is in Nashua, NH which doesn't have sales tax. The NH stores over the border from MA were out of Studio Ultras when I went to purchase even though there were plenty of them in MA stores. It's nice to see these options in stores now.

pshufd

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Back in January the Mac Studio was $1699 from Costco online. Hopefully that happens again.

I paid full retail for mine at the Apple Store but that was last fall before I saw them in other stores. There isn't a lot of discussion about Studios in this forum compared to the mini forum but I assume that people have far fewer issues with the Studio because of the greater resources on the system and maybe people do more research into what they need or want.

Reactions: TheStork
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.