Costco (US) - 2018 15" Base MBP - $1999

GoldfishRT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2014
Somewhere
Anybody know if Apple will price match?

I guess I could go to Best Buy instead too. $2399 seems very fair for the upper model.

Maybe my whole kerfuffel with Amazon will be for the best anyway.

Donnation

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
Anybody know if Apple will price match?

I guess I could go to Best Buy instead too. $2399 seems very fair for the upper model.

Maybe my whole kerfuffel with Amazon will be for the best anyway.
No, Apple will not price match.

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Best Buy it is then! (Unless of course my Costco actually has stock, they probably wont).

Apple will price match instantly up to 10% off max.

So if you show price they will cap at 10% off. Not too bad.

JTBing

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2015
Looks like this price includes applecare+, so it's even more of a deal? Am I reading this right?

uecker87

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2014
Madison, WI
Best Buy it is then! (Unless of course my Costco actually has stock, they probably wont).
Hmm interesting. Best Buy will price match Costco with a member-only item? I mean, I could just buy it through Costco, but I have a BestBuy credit card that will give me this for 24 months interest free. Hmm.

JTBing

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2015
Can someone post the prices for different build options? If the discount for the build I want was good enough it would be worth figuring out who I know that has a membership...

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hmm interesting. Best Buy will price match Costco with a member-only item? I mean, I could just buy it through Costco, but I have a BestBuy credit card that will give me this for 24 months interest free. Hmm.
Best Buy will only price match Costco if you live near a local Costco (Costco would be considered a local retailer as they are not one of their approved online retailers for price matching) and if their sale price is clearly showed on their website and not hidden behind the member sign-in.

SDColorado

Contributor
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Best Buy will only price match Costco if you live near a local Costco (Costco would be considered a local retailer as they are not one of their approved online retailers for price matching) and if their sale price is clearly showed on their website and not hidden behind the member sign-in.
Hmmm. In my case, the nearest Best Buy and Costco are separated by an access road in the same retail area. I will have to keep that in mind :)

brianone

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2018
Are we sure that these are not the 2017 models? The all say dual core for the 13" touch bar models.