Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niijonodhg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Anyone know of a good Couch to 5k Running app for the Apple Watch S2? Most of them seem to want you to keep the phone with you. I'm looking for one which will utilise the Watch and let me leave the phone at home.

Thanks,

Bbafett

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Georgia
Hi all,

Anyone know of a good Couch to 5k Running app for the Apple Watch S2? Most of them seem to want you to keep the phone with you. I'm looking for one which will utilise the Watch and let me leave the phone at home.

Thanks,
I don't think any 3rd party app is updated yet to take advantage of the gps in series 2. Might not be for a couple months. Until then you have to use the Apple workout app or take phone with you.

niijonodhg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2016
United Kingdom
I don't think any 3rd party app is updated yet to take advantage of the gps in series 2. Might not be for a couple months. Until then you have to use the Apple workout app or take phone with you.

Disappointing but sort of what I expected. Really didn't want to have to find away to take my 7 Plus out with me :(

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Disappointing but sort of what I expected. Really didn't want to have to find away to take my 7 Plus out with me :(

If your trail or road running I found it real easy to just hold my 7 plus, makes it quick and easy to skip songs and keep an eye on the timer that the couch to 5K uses for your training.

Bbafett

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Georgia
If your trail or road running I found it real easy to just hold my 7 plus, makes it quick and easy to skip songs and keep an eye on the timer that the couch to 5K uses for your training.

Or just get running shorts as that should be no issue in holding the phone. Plus no risk of dropping it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.