CouchQuiz on Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by ay8s, Nov 3, 2015.

1. ay8s macrumors newbie

ay8s

Since seeing the tvOS announcement I wanted to build something for Apple TV. v1.0 of CouchQuiz is on the Apple TV App Store, allowing you to test your knowledge from your Couch. Currently have 5 different categories with more coming soon!

I have plans to add multiplayer support both via Game Center matchmaking to challenge friends or strangers around the world as well as using extra remotes / iOS devices via a companion app so you can challenge each other in front of a single TV also!

Can find it by searching on the App Store, would love to hear any feedback as keen to keep updating and improving on it! :)

[​IMG]

2. kristoffer4 macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

3. Strang0r macrumors member

Strang0r

I like it so far. Nice simple interface, quick and easy to navigate. But I need to brush up on my trivia.
    I can't recall what question it was but for one of them I got wrong it didn't give me the correct answer, it just said "The correct answer was..." but had no answer. If I come across it again I'll try to take more note of which question. I'll do some more playing around with it and might post a review in the weekend.

4. ay8s thread starter macrumors newbie

ay8s

Thanks @Strang0r. I've just been digging into that issue now to see if I can see what happened. Should have it fixed in the next hour or so remotely! Thanks for pointing that one out! Definitely not a great experience not knowing the correct answer.

5. ay8s thread starter macrumors newbie

ay8s

Hope it's ok to dig up this old thread rather than starting a new one.

CouchQuiz will be free until July 5th. Since starting this thread I've added multiplayer support using a companion app which you can download on any iOS devices. The app has also undergone a little bit of a tidy up with the UI along with many new topics to choose from. Will be posting an independence day topic soon.

Was super pleased to be part of the 6000 apps slide at WWDC, would love any feedback if anyone tries it out to make it even better. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. iwaffles macrumors newbie

I've tried CouchQuiz and it's very simple and fun to use. Love playing it with my friends with a few beers or the girlfriend when killing time. It's fun, the questions are interesting and spark a lot of conversation – especially the ones about foreign law. The simplicity and interestingness of the questions are big selling points for me. I'm a fan of trivia. I've found that most trivia apps have pretty generic, dated, and boring questions that lack a little something that sparks imagination and good conversation.

Plus it's only a buck.

Edit: Oops, it was only a buck, but now it's free – definitely worth clicking that download button!

7. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

8. kristoffer4 macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

Not free in Denmark? It costs 6 dollars here.

9. Strang0r macrumors member

Strang0r

Love the multiplayer, it is definitely coming out at Friday drinks!

10. ay8s thread starter macrumors newbie

ay8s

It was free over 4th July weekend and would have reset back to the original price at midnight on the 5th. Sorry for the confusion there. :)

Awesome, if you have any question topic ideas let me know and we'll see what we can do! :)