could 2.0 improve wifi reliability?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pna, Jul 22, 2008.

1. pna macrumors 6502

Hi all,

My iphone has been really flaky over wifi using 1.1.4, more or less since I've gotten it. I've spent countless hours trying to troubleshoot it , have carried out clean restores, scoured the internet, and nothing has really helped it. The short story is just that it will often connect via wifi to the router, but then will just drop the connection and not be able to see that network again after I actually try to get my email or go to a web site. This happens on my home linksys router, on the industrial grade routers on campus, in most wifi hotspots I've gone too, etc, so it's not just a router problem.

Before taking it in to apple, I'm still holding out hope that this is just a firware/software issue. Is there any chance that upgrading to 2.0 will improve my wifi connectivity? I'd honestly rather not bother upgrading at all (the phone is unlocked) right now, as 2.0 sounds pretty flaky on even legit phones, but if there was a chance it'd fix wifi for me, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for any advice or experiences.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Try 2.0, but more than likely it is a hardware issue.

TEG

3. pna thread starter macrumors 6502

in which case I need to sign up with AT&T for a pick-your-plan for a month to get the warranty service, I suppose? It's never been activated, otherwise.