could an ipad be snapped?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kingdummkopf, Jul 5, 2012.

1. kingdummkopf macrumors member

hypothetically. from normal usage and holding, could an ipad be snapped? i sometimes feel like i could easily do it because it's so thin.

this is all hypothetical mind you. am not going to do it, i love my ipad.

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

Unless you are on Bath Salts or are highly enraged, the answer is NO. :rolleyes:

3. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

I think you would have to be pounding the daylight out of it to do that and at that point you would probably break the glass.

HiddenPuppy

4. -TYLER macrumors regular

No need to sign your name on each post, see that box to the left of your post, we can ALL see your name there.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

When you hold one in your hand you know right away how solid it feels in your hand, but if you want to see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USiaeXzYkOE

If you skip to 1:38, you'll see what level of effort is needed to snap an iPad 2 in half. The new iPad is probably about the same.

basically, you *could* snap an iPad if you really, really wanted to and had the arm strength and a solid edge to whack it against a few times, but it's not going to snap or even bend easily with normal handling.

6. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Sorry if this was a problem to you, but I was always taught that it was polite to sign one's name to anything that you write. I would think that you would have more important things to do that pick on someone for something so unimportant.

But to honor your request, I won't sign this one :D

7. snberk103 macrumors 603

There is only one way to find out. Afterwards, get some blogger to post how you used your iPad to whack a school bus bully over the head and you can make a $quarter million - easy. :roll eyes:

Seriously... in all the years, how many people have posted here about what a tinny POS their iPad is because they couldn't pound a nail in with it. Actually, now that I think about it... how come nobody has complained about not being able to use an iPad as a hammer? Could it be that it will actually work as hammer? Hmmmm ....

----------

I'm sorry, but who are you? :D

8. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Please note the forum rules, minor problems item 6. I'd suggest you don't sign any more.

9. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

What about the bolded portion:

10. snberk103 macrumors 603

Um... is that the one that says "You may use a salutation, i.e., put your name or user name at the bottom of your post." ?

11. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Indeed. Although other users have been requested not to do it. Just stick it in a real signature.

12. geoffm33, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012

geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

I do agree, btw, that they should be put in the sigs.

I see no value in signing posts since the fact that you posted under your account implies you wrote it.

------------

To the OP, I think it would be very difficult to snap your ipad. Though I had a dream the other night that my iPhone snapped in half from it being in my back pocket. Clean snap, though in reality it would have just mashed the screen/back.

13. sl33pyhead macrumors member

This thread is now about... Video games. GO!

Signed /87?/487);74?;4

There's not enough butthurt in these forums. Discuss the placement of the shift button now.

14. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

I am so sorry that I caused all this trouble and I am sorry that the OP thread got turned away from his question because of this. I did not know that I was breaking a rule. I looked around and apparently I was the only person on this whole forum that was putting my name at the bottom of each post. It will not happen again.

15. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

You didn't break any rule. Someone wanted to play net-cop and it bit 'em in the rear.

Yes, you could snap your iPad - but it would be difficult.

s15119

16. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

First thanks, you encouraged me, felt like a fool for such an unimportant thing.

But unless I misunderstood the moderator in post #8 he said I did and he said, "I'd suggest you don't sign anymore"

17. qCzar macrumors regular

You are within your "rights" according to that.

18. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

[​IMG]

http://youtu.be/USiaeXzYkOE

not quite snapped in half but.. yeah

----------

dear god thank you, i had no idea you could hide signatures... Im so tired of seeing people making them selves feel kewl through their signatures. Problem solved

19. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

I have no idea why he said that - the rule he pointed to specifically says

"You may use a salutation, i.e., put your name or user name at the bottom of your post. "

You haven't broken any rules.

s15119

20. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

hehe butthurt

i think about workaholics when you said that

21. Jb07 macrumors 6502

Plenty of other people around here put their name at the bottom of their posts. You haven't broken any forum rules, so no need to apologize. Just keep doing whatever your doing if you aren't breaking any rules.

OP: I'm sure if you were strong enough you could snap your iPad in half. But why on earth would you want to? :confused:

22. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

dude, at first i was confused about who was making this statement, but then i realized you signed your post with your name, and all was right again.

23. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

With the enormous new amount of girth on the new iPad you are lucky to get a bend :p

24. snberk103 macrumors 603

Wonder if it makes a difference if you bend it concave or convex?

snberk103